Delicata Squash is one of those items that I always skipped over in the grocery store. I avoided this food for so long because 1. I never had it and 2. I didn’t know what to do with it. However, after trying this recipe, you won’t pass by it anymore in the produce aisle. In fact, you might be sad when they aren’t in season and you can’t make these healthy (but tasty) treats.
- 2 medium organic Delicata squash (about 2 pounds)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- A sprig of thyme
- Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cut the squash in half, then rotate and cut it down the middle lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and cut the squash into slices.
3. Place the squash, garlic, red pepper, thyme, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and maple syrup. Toss until squash is coated thoroughly.
4. Spread squash evenly onto baking sheets covered with foil or parchment paper.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Rotate half way through.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.