Location: NoMo SoHo
9 CROSBY STREET
NEW YORK, NEW YORK 10013
This hotel and restaurant is tucked away in the heart of Soho which makes it a perfect place to stay if you are visiting or if you are local looking for a nice restaurant to eat after browsing the shops on Broadway. To be honest, I have never stayed in this hotel but this post is not about the hotel. It is actually about the restaurant attached, NoMo Kitchen.
First, the entrance to the hotel/restaurant is magnificent. It is a long entryway covered with leaves and lights which adds to the ambience and makes for a great photo op. The lobby is filled with exquisite contemporary art pieces and modern furniture. There is also a bar attached to the hotel lobby as well is this hidden area behind the bookcases that I would advise checking out.
The interior of the restaurant is beautifully decorated and has a skylight, which makes the place feel larger than it actually is. At night, the beautiful chandeliers keep the place well lit.
NoMo Kitchen is one of my favorite restaurants because of the location, the decor, and of course, the food. You can check out their different menus on their website, but I wanted to discuss a few of my favorites on their dinner menu.
- Tuscan Kale & Parmesan Reggiano – This is basically a caesar salad, but nonetheless very good.
- Burrata – because who doesn’t like cheese? I would also definitely recommend getting it with prosciutto.
- Tuna Tartare & Avocado – Tuna Tartare is one of my favorite foods (if done correctly) and NoMo kitchen has an amazing version.
- Margherita – You can’t go wrong with a classic pizza slice. My friends and I split this as an appetizer.
- Spaghetti (Cacio e Pepe with Egg) – Again, I love pasta and this version of Cacio e Pepe is amazing. However, I would advise splitting it because it is very heavy.
- Half Chicken – this dish is great for people that want to stay away from carbs. It is very filling and the chicken was amazing! Not dry at all, which can sometimes be an issue.
- Delicata Squash – This is actually one of the few restaurants that I have seen Delicata Squash on the menu, and I recently posted a recipe for you guys to try using this unique squash.
- Truffle Fries – obviously.
Let me know your thoughts if you have ever been to this restaurant or if you have ever stayed in this hotel!