A healthy recipe you can serve warm for dinner or take cold to lunch featuring lentils and quinoa!
- 1/2 cup Organic French green lentils
- 1/2 cup rainbow quinoa*
- 5 oz baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 4 large basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons of crumbled feta
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
*You can buy this in the bulk section @ Whole Foods
- Place lentils and quinoa in a pot of water and bring to boil. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 20-25 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Cut grape tomatoes, slice basil into ribbons, and squeeze lemon. Set these ingredients aside.
- Drain the lentil and quinoa mix. Set aside.
- In a large pan, add olive oil and spinach. Cook until wilted (approx 2. minutes)
- Add lentil/quinoa mix, tomatoes, and basil to the pan. Mix ingredients and stir for one minute.
- Remove from stove. Pour into bowl and add feta cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Stir and serve!