So actually this recipe is inspired by the Song of Style raw bars, but I tweaked it and made it my own!
- 1 cup of Oats
- 4 – 5 tablespoons of Chia Seeds
- 3 – 4 tablespoons of Coconut Oil
- 6-10 Medjool Dates
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Pecans and/or Walnuts
- Pinch of salt
- Splash of Vanilla Extract (optional)
- Pinch of Cinnamon (optional)
- Coconut Flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the oats, chia seeds, salt, and pumpkin seeds. Add the coconut oil, vanilla extract, and pinch of cinnamon. Use your hands to combine ingredients.
(**Do NOT add the pecans or walnuts before the oven – I know it shows it in this picture, but I ended up burning them and so it is better to add in after the granola has baked in the oven)
- Ensure the dry ingredients are covered with the coconut oil when mixing. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, sprinkle olive oil on the parchment paper. Spread granola mixture evenly on the parchment.
Place in oven for 15 – 20 minutes. While the granola is in the oven, pit the dates and cut.
- After 20 minutes, remove granola from the oven. In a mixing bowl, add the warm granola and then add the chopped dates and pecans and/or walnuts.
- Using either your hands or spatula combine the dates and the granola. (PSA – the dates will make your hands sticky so be warned) You will want to spread the dates and fold the granola into them – Make sure that there are no dates are left uncovered. This is what holds the mixture together when they are in the freezer.
- Transfer from the bowl into a parchment lined glass dish. Press the combined mixtures into the dish.
- Top with the coconut flakes, wrap in saran wrap, and store for 1-2 hours in the freezer.